67 replies to this topic

#1 Lucas_CM

Lucas_CM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:30 PM

Hi there! 

Feel free to post all the ideas you think could make EDEN the best game for you and our community. 

You are welcome to add as many details as possible such as images, videos, drawings, etc to help us explain our devs your ideas :) 

Cheers!

• Direct City - Brice, Dblcut3 and NinROCK3T like this

#2 Jeremy

Jeremy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:22 PM

Increased building height would make this game a lot better.
  • NinROCK3T and BrixXx like this

My world page Jeremy's Worlds

#3 Edgest

Edgest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:50 PM

The ability to place upside down the right angle triangle blocks.
Only some of the square blocks are also triangle blocks. Can you make more of the square blocks triangle as well?
  • NinROCK3T, BrixXx and NathanielBrusch like this
Edgest 17'4 is the most current update to the original Edgest

Edgest City 1'2 Is the most current update for the new Edgest

#4 Dblcut3

Dblcut3

Super Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1755 posts
  • LocationUnited States Of America

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:50 PM

Thanks for posting this Lucas!

I think a big one is obviously to get the world list working and bug free again. Its been pretty glitchy for the past couple years....

I think we should have all blocks in triangle variant and upside down triangles.

Signs would be pretty cool also. And just more overall blocks. And maybe small block sizes, but I'm not sure how well that would work.

We also need a better terrain generator for the normal world type. It didnt really live up to the expectations when they changed it with the 2.0 update.

• NinROCK3T, Edgest and NathanielBrusch like this

#5 NinROCK3T

NinROCK3T

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1242 posts
  • LocationGabe City, MI!

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:26 PM

This is awesome! For many including me, the best thing Eden has over other world building games is the simple online sharing feature. I have a few recommendations for the world sharing:
1. Fix the world names b/c we can't change the name of our worlds we upload
2. Fix the "sorted by recent" so it shows all the newest worlds as they're uploaded like it used to work
3. Along with the featured list, maybe add an actual pop list sorting the worlds by number of downloads
4. Add a chatting system, b/c many people used to use "sorted by date" for chatting
5. Add profiles!
Thanks so much for buying Eden & potentially saving it!
IMMA THROW STUFF!!! YouTube: ninrock3t

#6 Edgest

Edgest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:29 PM

Another thing that would be great is: Local multiplayer (play only with people on the same wifi network as you)

Can you fix the bug with the ice ramps/blocks? If you are sliding down an ice ramp you randomly jump. If you go around a corner momentum is not always conserved and the direction you face doesn't change to the direction you are going.
  • NinROCK3T likes this
Edgest 17'4 is the most current update to the original Edgest

Edgest City 1'2 Is the most current update for the new Edgest

#7 Dblcut3

Dblcut3

Super Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1755 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:08 PM

Another thing that would be great is: Local multiplayer (play only with people on the same wifi network as you)

Multiplayer would be a gigantic undertaking, even local I would think.

• NinROCK3T likes this

#8 The Octagon

The Octagon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:45 PM

There is a certain creative charm eden has that the others lack. I always felt the paint palletes were edens best asset.
I would like to see the colors expanded to allow an even closer scale of color fade. Ex. More greens, more blues, ect...

I feel the view is a bit to distorted with a fishbowl effect. It would be ideal to see this turned back some.
This makes structures look stumpy and disproportioned.

More block patterns of course.

Keep the water as is. It is great to work with and the transparency is great for creating colorful ocean floors.

Interior blocks would be a long needed addition.

A higher building limit would be nice.

Most importantly...all changes should be compatible with existing worlds.
  • NinROCK3T and Edgest like this

#9 NinROCK3T

NinROCK3T

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1242 posts
  • LocationGabe City, MI!

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:16 AM

What do you mean by interior blocks?

#10 The Octagon

The Octagon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:20 AM

Furniture
  • NinROCK3T and Edgest like this

#11 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:27 PM

I have a lot of things I could put here, but really I'd like some form of multiplayer, even if it was only locally

Eden has always felt....just....somewhat lonely to me

And while I don't and never did play Minecraft, I got a sense of community from it's multiplayer watching others play it and stuff, whereas with Eden it's always been like feels like me building for only me, and even with the forums, never really like I was part of something bigger, which I'd like this game to have a feeling of

If that makes sense

• Edgest likes this

#12 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:44 PM

In terms of actual ideas that I'd like to see in Eden

1. Whatever we (you XD) do should...nay, MUST be compatible with pre-existing worlds. If not, everything about this game is likely going to fall to shambles FAST

2. I like the idea of the triangles working at all angles and upside down and so forth, as well as having every block type in triangle form too.

3. More colors would be awesome, especially a better orange, one that isn't just a light brown. I think doubling the color scheme would suffice well enough - able then clearly separate the dark pink from the dark indigo, and actually get a true purple in there; same goes for orange and gold/brown, as well as aqua vs. turqoise and teal. Basically with double the colors you could add in a red-orange, a true orange (not that gold stuff that it is now), have a true gold color, keep the lemon-yellow, add a lime green pallet, keep the basic green pallet, separate into teal and like maybe a sky blue, and then have a darker blue, then have a true purple, an indigo, a true pink, and then grayscale. That still leaves room for even MORE colors!

4. In terms of water, I wish when immersed in it you would just stay still. Like, whenever you touch water in the game now, automatically you rise. Which I get, is more realistic, but by GOD it's annoying af to have to fight anytime you want to go deeper. If automatic floating could be a setting you turn off that'd be amaaaaaaaaazing.

5. In terms of basic world generation, I think that there should be variation in the automatic diverse world that we have in version 2, but also offer the normal flat world AND the pre-2.0 update normal terrain-gen world we had in the past as options when creating a new world.

6. Building height could definitely be higher, but that's not something I've personally ever really had a problem with.

7. Same idea with small blocks^ would be useful I guess in interior design, but I honestly don't think the game needs them.

8. The lists are messed up, those should probably get fixed at some point.

9. I do like the idea of basic signs; would be cool

10. Please, for the love of GOD, END THE CHATTING! (If possible). That honestly is probably my biggest pet peeve in Eden, and has been for a long while now. trying to find cool new worlds to explore is next to impossible these days, and the flagging system has been kindof a shame. There's just too much of it to fight against from down here. So I agree with the idea that profiles in the game and a separate system for chatting within the game would be novel ideas.

• Edgest and The real stickwart like this

#13 UNCHeelsLover

UNCHeelsLover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:51 PM

I personally would like to see a few old things come back.

At the top of the list, I would like to see, along with the current flat and normal world types, the old infinite world type from before 2.0 be usable again. I really think that the infinite world would be good (or if you guys were going to build a brand new infinite world that sounds cool too, just didn't know what your plans were).

I also would like to see (and this will sound weird at first) some glitches from before the update reintroduced. Nothing bad, just some that let you build ice slides, trampolines and lava to create pretty much cannons to shoot someone great distances away.
Also, there was a glitch that let you burn wood right on the edge of a "loading" screen, and the wood would stop burning and technically be gone but you could still see it, and if you stepped into it you could see through blocks. Not sure if it would be possible to do that, but I do know that man of our worlds were dependent on the trampoline one (vuenccoaster, ashmaze, etc.).

And I've heard people talking about a "sort by popular" list that, alone with the current lists, would sort the worlds based on how many downloads they've received. That would be cool to have.

More shiny cubes would be a good addition. Maybe if there were more than ten you could put on the number in the block menu how may you had left to find out in the world instead of how many you currently have.

Thank you for reading and I hope you take our ideas into consideration.
  • The real stickwart likes this
•See my main Eden Forums topic, Eden Mario Galaxy, here: http://forum.edengam...n-mario-galaxy/
•See my collab world, Super Mario Galaxy Maker, here: http://forum.edengam...chl/#entry22733
•See my other worlds here: http://forum.edengam...lds/#entry22637

#14 NinROCK3T

NinROCK3T

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1242 posts
  • LocationGabe City, MI!

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:59 PM

I just realized having a popular list alongside a featured list would probably be a bad idea... They would end up being almost the same!
  • Edgest likes this

#15 The Octagon

The Octagon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:23 PM

A popular list formulated by download amount is a bad idea. People spam their own worlds. Eden started out that way and the top of the list was horribly undeserving of a high rank.
  • Dblcut3, Edgest and BrixXx like this

#16 UNCHeelsLover

UNCHeelsLover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

@NinRock3t and Octagon: good point. Ok never mind then.

But I would like to see the other stuff as though.
  • NinROCK3T likes this
•See my main Eden Forums topic, Eden Mario Galaxy, here: http://forum.edengam...n-mario-galaxy/
•See my collab world, Super Mario Galaxy Maker, here: http://forum.edengam...chl/#entry22733
•See my other worlds here: http://forum.edengam...lds/#entry22637

#17 The real stickwart

The real stickwart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationArmored train somewhere in MURICA

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:47 AM

Multiplayer
SIGNS
Profiles
More organized
flying?
  • NinROCK3T likes this

pew pew pew i like trains. also armored trains, hover trains, offroad trains. Did I mention trains?

BOOSH

trains

#18 The real stickwart

The real stickwart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationArmored train somewhere in MURICA

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:47 AM

More creature interaction

pew pew pew i like trains. also armored trains, hover trains, offroad trains. Did I mention trains?

BOOSH

trains

#19 NinROCK3T

NinROCK3T

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1242 posts
  • LocationGabe City, MI!

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:19 AM

I forward "organization." We need a better world menu, the current one isn't sorted by alphabet or date or anything as far as I can tell
  • Dblcut3, Edgest and The real stickwart like this

#20 Dblcut3

Dblcut3

Super Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1755 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:58 AM

I forward "organization." We need a better world menu, the current one isn't sorted by alphabet or date or anything as far as I can tell

Very true. I have no clue what algorithm for sorting it uses, and I'd love to know. It would be nice to arrange the world icons ourselves.

• NinROCK3T likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: suggestions, feedback, ideas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users