#1 Dblcut3

Dblcut3

Super Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1763 posts
  • LocationUnited States Of America

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:43 PM

Hey everyone! So, I know we all love Eden, so that's how I struck up this idea. Using Minecraft's resource pack creator, we can add in the textures/blocks, sounds, mobs, and more from Eden. The issue is that I would need access to the Eden files (which I cannot anymore due to iExplorer/Funbox not working anymore). Does anyone have access to these files somehow? And if I get access to them and go through with this idea, would anyone be interested in helping? 

• NinROCK3T likes this

#2 Direct City - Brice

Direct City - Brice

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:49 PM

iexplorer is working for me!

#3 Dblcut3

Dblcut3

Super Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1763 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:57 PM

iexplorer is working for me!

But it says that after iOS8, the developer of Eden didn't enable file sharing so it won't let me into the files for textures and sounds.

#4 Direct City - Brice

Direct City - Brice

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:14 AM

When I use iexplorer, I can save my files to make a map

#5 Dblcut3

Dblcut3

Super Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1763 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:38 PM

When I use iexplorer, I can save my files to make a map

Wierd.... I cannot access the files. 

#6 spencerross

spencerross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:45 PM

I have an old (possibly outdated?) dump somewhere of a lot of the Eden files. I know I've browsed through texture files before so I may have them somewhere online. Hopefully. If not, I'll see if I can get into current app files. (I'm Jailbroken, iPhone 6S+, iOS 9.3.3)

#7 Dblcut3

Dblcut3

Super Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1763 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:34 AM

I have an old (possibly outdated?) dump somewhere of a lot of the Eden files. I know I've browsed through texture files before so I may have them somewhere online. Hopefully. If not, I'll see if I can get into current app files. (I'm Jailbroken, iPhone 6S+, iOS 9.3.3)

If you could get me the texture files and maybe also the creature files that would be great! No promises I'd get the texture pack done, but maybe in my freetime I could make one.

#8 spencerross

spencerross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:49 PM

The creature files are definitely accessible. So are all of the sounds, I believe. I can't find a map or textures for each block though. They must be in the Eden or the Eden.eden file. I wonder if there is anyway to look inside those files? I don't know much about iPhone apps- I wonder if they are compiled or whatever and need some sort of decompiling before they can be read, unlike the actual eden world files. If you want me to send you a zip or something of all the creature files and sound files and other assets (I can put them in separate folders) let me know, but I figure its not that helpful considering there's no actual block textures. I mean, technically, someone could screenshot each block and each of their faces and edit each one / convert each one to their textures with some editing, but that would be annoying lol.

#9 Dblcut3

Dblcut3

Super Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1763 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:10 PM

The creature files are definitely accessible. So are all of the sounds, I believe. I can't find a map or textures for each block though. They must be in the Eden or the Eden.eden file. I wonder if there is anyway to look inside those files? I don't know much about iPhone apps- I wonder if they are compiled or whatever and need some sort of decompiling before they can be read, unlike the actual eden world files. If you want me to send you a zip or something of all the creature files and sound files and other assets (I can put them in separate folders) let me know, but I figure its not that helpful considering there's no actual block textures. I mean, technically, someone could screenshot each block and each of their faces and edit each one / convert each one to their textures with some editing, but that would be annoying lol.

I cant look at them without jailbreaking I think. It tells me theres a permission issue when trying to access the files after a certain iOS update.

If you could somehow find the actual texture files and sound files, that would be amazing. I probably would never use the creatures since that would be more complicated to add to MC but I guess it wouldnt hurt to have if I'm able to one day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users