• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SITH16

SITH16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:29 AM

I remember playing Eden a few years back. It was and still is an amazing, fun game to play. Every so often after i've completed a big project or two in my Worlds, I would upload them to the Shared Worlds. Sometimes with a completely different name. I would also have my worlds exported into my Macbook via programs like iExplorer / iBrowser.

Feeling nostalgic, I downloaded Eden again this week and tried to look for my worlds, but only one I've found so far, exactly where I left off :). Fortunately though, I still have many of my worlds on my Macbook and I opened up iExplorer to import them into the app only to find out that I am unable to do so because I do not have Permission to.

Please help me, are there any other ways I can import my worlds into the game since It's not anywhere on the Shared World section and i'm not able to do so using iExplorer?

#2 Dblcut3

Dblcut3

Super Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1784 posts
  • LocationUnited States Of America

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:58 PM

I remember playing Eden a few years back. It was and still is an amazing, fun game to play. Every so often after i've completed a big project or two in my Worlds, I would upload them to the Shared Worlds. Sometimes with a completely different name. I would also have my worlds exported into my Macbook via programs like iExplorer / iBrowser.

Feeling nostalgic, I downloaded Eden again this week and tried to look for my worlds, but only one I've found so far, exactly where I left off :). Fortunately though, I still have many of my worlds on my Macbook and I opened up iExplorer to import them into the app only to find out that I am unable to do so because I do not have Permission to.

Please help me, are there any other ways I can import my worlds into the game since It's not anywhere on the Shared World section and i'm not able to do so using iExplorer?

You can no longer access files on Eden with iExplorer after 2.1.

• SITH16 likes this

#3 SITH16

SITH16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:44 AM

Ah I see. Thanks for the information Dblcut3. I am still wondering though, are there any alternative ways to load up my worlds and play them again?

#4 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:34 PM

^oh, probably.

The ones you'll want to talk to on here are Mrob and Vuenccoaster I beleive. Especially Mrob he's very knowledgable in this kind of stuff

#5 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:55 AM

[...] I opened up iExplorer to import them into the app only to find out that I am unable to do so because I do not have Permission to.

Eden 2.1 has nothing to do with it.

You have to use an iDevice that has some version of iOS before iOS 8.3

Read this:

http://9to5mac.com/2...-8-3-file-apps/

The solution is to use your existing device to share/upload your world. Then get a device that has iOS 6 or iOS 7 or iOS 8.0, 8.1, or 8.2. (Find a friend with an old phone or iPod Touch they don't use anymore). Get Eden on that device. Download your world into that device. Then hook it up to your computer and use iExplorer.

In the App Store, the 4th sample screen shot is from my world: Tokyo Unified Amuro'44121191'53 (compare)

x0N0ygg.png

The official version has the date 10/11/2015. Accept no substitutes™  ^_^  (I also figured out the file format)

#6 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 18 April 2016 - 02:08 PM

Ugh did I totally NAIL this or what? Hahahah atta boy mrob knew you'd know the way

#7 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 April 2016 - 12:21 AM

I think maybe if you want to transfer stuff both ways (off your computer into Eden, or out of Eden into your computer) then you might only be able to do that with iOS 6. I've never wanted to upgrade my iOS to 7 or later so I don't know for sure. The only thing I'm sure of is that transfers from the device to the computer (which is what I do -- for making maps) works with iOS 8.2 and earlier, but not in iOS 8.3 and later.

However, if you back up your device to iTunes (not the cloud) then apparently you can get data out of the iTunes backups. See this article: http://iexplorer-sup...rticles/1942869   but again, that's only for getting worlds out of your iDevice, not for putting worlds back into your device.

In the App Store, the 4th sample screen shot is from my world: Tokyo Unified Amuro'44121191'53 (compare)

x0N0ygg.png

The official version has the date 10/11/2015. Accept no substitutes™  ^_^  (I also figured out the file format)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users