#1 Sunsparkle

Sunsparkle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:22 PM

Hi all,
I am not sure if anyone knows but I have been experiencing a bug where when sliding down tall ice ramps makes you jump off midway through or partially the way down
I have an ipad mini with ios 7

Sorry if this has already been mentioned
Many thanks,
Sunsparkle
I'm not the best at Eden, but I sure love it!

#2 zztupapazz

zztupapazz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationMexicoooooo!

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:21 AM

Yep since the patch that has happened, but no one knows why, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesnt
  • Sunsparkle likes this

#3 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 August 2015 - 04:56 AM

For unknown reasons, Ari decided to change all the calculations for the "physics" (things like walking, jumping, sliding on ice, bouncing off things, etc.). The result is a lot worse than in 1.7, when things worked pretty well. No-one knows why this was done, but several changes were observed and I think the first few might be on purpose. The rest are bugs/glitches:

* Walking is faster

* Climbing ladders or vines can be done at two speeds (hold the jump button to get the faster speed)

* Climbing up/down can be done even when you're turned to face away from the ladder or vine

* movement while "hanging" from a ceiling made of ladder or vines is now very VERY slow (but hold the jump button to move quickly)

* If you're moving when the "Loading" message appears, you don't have to move your finger and you'll keep moving after the load is done (in Eden 1.7 you had to start a new "touch" to continue moving)

* Sliding downhill on ice, you'll randomly be bounced out straight (as if you've hit flat horizontal ice)

* Sliding horizontally on ice, when you bounce off a wall the camera does not always rotate to reflect your new direction of motion (this was a problem in 1.7 too, but now it's much worse)

* Most of the "cannons" or other constructions used for jumping at high speed, that took advantage of glitches in 1.7, no longer work

• Sunsparkle likes this

In the App Store, the 4th sample screen shot is from my world: Tokyo Unified Amuro'44121191'53 (compare)

x0N0ygg.png

The official version has the date 10/11/2015. Accept no substitutes™  ^_^  (I also figured out the file format)

#4 Edgest

Edgest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:52 AM

For unknown reasons, Ari decided to change all the calculations for the "physics" (things like walking, jumping, sliding on ice, bouncing off things, etc.). The result is a lot worse than in 1.7, when things worked pretty well. No-one knows why this was done, but several changes were observed and I think the first few might be on purpose. The rest are bugs/glitches:

* Walking is faster
  * Climbing ladders or vines can be done at two speeds (hold the jump button to get the faster speed)
  * Climbing up/down can be done even when you're turned to face away from the ladder or vine
  * movement while "hanging" from a ceiling made of ladder or vines is now very VERY slow (but hold the jump button to move quickly)
  * If you're moving when the "Loading" message appears, you don't have to move your finger and you'll keep moving after the load is done (in Eden 1.7 you had to start a new "touch" to continue moving)
  * Sliding downhill on ice, you'll randomly be bounced out straight (as if you've hit flat horizontal ice)
  * Sliding horizontally on ice, when you bounce off a wall the camera does not always rotate to reflect your new direction of motion (this was a problem in 1.7 too, but now it's much worse)
  * Most of the "cannons" or other constructions used for jumping at high speed, that took advantage of glitches in 1.7, no longer work

"Climbing ladders,/vines can be done with two speeds"- this was possible in 1.7

Some of the changes where for the better others just leave you asking why.
  • Sunsparkle likes this
Edgest 17'4 is the most current update to the original Edgest

Edgest City 1'2 Is the most current update for the new Edgest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users