33 replies to this topic

#1 Bnm

Bnm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1322 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:43 PM

I could write pages and pages on this, but honestly I can dumb it down.

Eden is dying.

I don't think it's on the popular list(Top 200 Apps)on the App Store anymore. I never see anyone playing it.

Forum activity has halted pretty much. People are leaving and no one is coming.

The app itself is filled with unfilled bugs that should be addressed but aren't. (pretty much all of the world sharing)

Dont get me wrong, I love Eden. It's my favorite building game on mobile for sure. But we need to figure out what's happening. I don't wanna invest hours and days into a dying game.

Here's for you to answer: Is Eden dying?
  • Dblcut3 likes this

#2 Jeremy

Jeremy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:03 PM

I hate to say that you're right, but I think you might have a point. However I don't really come on the forums anymore but I still build things in Eden, so perhaps other people are doing the same. It does however seem that the forum is dying.

My world page Jeremy's Worlds

#3 UNCHeelsLover

UNCHeelsLover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 01:55 AM

I don't know if the app will ever cease to be heard of, but yes it does have bugs, yes people are leaving, and yes forum activity is down now. However, look back before 2.0 came out. Everyone thought it was going to die then too (especially when Ari took down world sharing). Looking back though, it didn't. We could be in another "Eden low" period, but I could be wrong. Either way, it's still one of my favorite apps. Yes I wish it had more physical elements like doors with keys, unlimited crystals, and small blocks, but at least we have what we have. Idk if I'm too optimistic or what, but those are my thoughts.

• BEANpp88 likes this
•See my main Eden Forums topic, Eden Mario Galaxy, here: http://forum.edengam...n-mario-galaxy/
•See my collab world, Super Mario Galaxy Maker, here: http://forum.edengam...chl/#entry22733
•See my other worlds here: http://forum.edengam...lds/#entry22637

#4 Dblcut3

Dblcut3

Super Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1726 posts
  • LocationUnited States Of America

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:27 AM

Compared to what it was a couple years ago, Eden is suffering pretty badly.....

#5 GraysonG

GraysonG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationEden :)

Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:30 AM

Eden will die if it has no publicity, i love this game and so do lots of my friends, but only bc ive forced it upon them for so long. Eden is only as strong as we are

GRAYSONS WORLD v9'7

426966729.eden

#6 Gunni

Gunni

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:59 PM

The number of nice builds being uploaded daily is as good as always, so nothing to worry about i guess.

This forum has never been very active

#7 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1333 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:21 PM

The problem is the developer. The game has a lot of potential, but the developer neglects it. Ari needs:

1. Motivation.
2. Help.

All he has to do is take it in a different direction from Minecraft and it can stay successful.
  • Direct City - Brice, Dblcut3, alexrowley1 and 1 other like this

#8 NotAnAssassin

NotAnAssassin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:48 PM

I just feel that Ari really needs to put Eden out there, with some form of advertisement. Of course, we can spread the word around but I fear it won't do much. Ari can just simply make a YouTube video showcasing what Eden has to offer. But Ari can also update the app but that won't really work out as seen in the past. It's all a matter of how we get Eden out into the public

-NAA

#9 zztupapazz

zztupapazz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationMexicoooooo!

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:43 PM

The game itself is pretty populated i think, its just the forum that doesnt get that much people active

#10 Dblcut3

Dblcut3

Super Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1726 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:05 PM

The number of nice builds being uploaded daily is as good as always, so nothing to worry about i guess.

This forum has never been very active

The Eden Wiki was once pretty active. Way more so than the forums.

#11 danol

danol

danol

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:55 PM

Actually I think this game will not die that soon, since a few weeks I'm secretly building again this has two reasons I don't wanted to leave Brice and Noah alone with such an huge unfinished project like the Airport and I decided to build just for me so not public because I think building in Eden increases my creativity :P

Also I looked the last days again and again on the recent list and I have seen some really good worlds it looks like as there are a lot more quality worlds since we got the update.

So please show the game everyone you know that they see how awesome this game is.

Don't let the game die!

Bye.

The small things are the things who change the world.

- Facebook(Direct City): https://www.facebook.com/edendirectcity

- Facebook(Eden Elite):https://www.facebook.com/Elite.Of.Eden

- German Eden fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/EdenWorldBuilderGerman

- Tumblr: http://david-nolte.tumblr.com 

#12 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:35 PM

Honestly I feel like people are building better than they were before the update *(I speak of all those not known to us/on these forums), but by golly the new light block has become the most consistently overused block that immature builders use

it's astoundingly overused in these new builds I see pop up on the recent lists

#13 Bnm

Bnm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1322 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:40 AM

I like using it in my builds, it fits in. However, it should be an accent block and not a spammed block.

#14 BEANpp88

BEANpp88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:56 PM

Eden will not die that fast. I think its just the forums... No seriously why arent there more people here? Or the members more active? :/ Someone tell me the answer?
Oh and about "overused blocks" and "immature builders"
Sometimes I have the feeling you forget that there are eden players out there who CANT build that good, like some people just cant draw. Guess not every builder plays with the Intention to build something on highest Niveau/most realistic...
They just build some crap but have fun :)) so let them make houses completely out of lights or senseless rainbow oceans... :D edens for fun and until there people having fun with it it will live on.
(Amen;)
  • NathanielBrusch and Son-Of-Ander like this

#15 The Octagon

The Octagon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:07 PM

As for myself, eden is as fun today as it was 3 years ago.
The problem with the apps sales is its marketing.
All you have to do is look at the pics they use for examples on edens app. Poor! If im someone looking at eden for the first time in the store and i see those 3 examples, im moving on by. Ari could have gotten much better examples to use from the pop list worlds.
Also, less focus on creatures and more on building and building material.

eden WORLD BUILDER
  • NathanielBrusch, Sam98 and GraysonG like this

#16 Dblcut3

Dblcut3

Super Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1726 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:14 PM

Theres always paid Youtube Ads before videos. One of those would be good but pricy.

#17 The Octagon

The Octagon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:08 AM

After looking back at this forum for a week now, i have to say i agree even more. Hardly any of the elite crew build at all anymore either.
It was fun while it lasted.

#18 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:08 AM

Hey I'm still going. Brice got me approved for the Elite but otherwise generally people aren't checking in anymore here; I do still think they are building.

#19 Direct City - Brice

Direct City - Brice

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:55 AM

Yes I would like remotivate members in Elite but after many idea posted I have had no feedback.

I continue with my team in DC if someone want to join us, send me a message
  • NathanielBrusch likes this

#20 Direct City - Brice

Direct City - Brice

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:33 PM

But if some members are interested for Elite, so welcome to you
  • NathanielBrusch likes this