#21 Dblcut3

Dblcut3

Super Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1763 posts
  • LocationUnited States Of America

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:24 PM

I decided to stop playing because my world wasn't receiving any attention. For all I know, only ten or so people have even seen it. I spent 2 years on it, on and off. I kept building because I had already done so much and had fun doing so, that to do more was sure to make this world a real hit with the community. Nope! Not bitter about it though. Okay, a little bitter. 

My gripe is that the heart and soul of what makes games like this and Minecraft enjoyable is the interaction between players. It's almost completely absent here. It's just sitting in your room playing with Legos. Alone.

Just logged in after a few months of not being here and saw these threads about old players quitting. Ima go away now.

Stop begging for attention.... Geez.....

Fine with me if you want to leave since your puling this kind of crap.

#22 Bnm

Bnm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:15 PM

It's a game. You play for fun. I understand that you want attention, but if the only reason you're playing the game is to show other people, maybe you shouldn't be playing.

If you keep on posting, you'll bound to eventually be noticed.
  • Dblcut3, BrixXx and Jeremy like this

#23 SetSailToFail

SetSailToFail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:47 PM

Oh please, quitting cause noone sees your world in the forum? This is possibly one of the smallest communities ive seen, if you have 10 or more people seeing your world that means you have about 50% of the active guys here or even more
Personally the main world ive been working on was only being watched by one member, and that one is the very guy that started this thread, does that stop me? No. I keep building cause i love making my world, just as i used to play with my legos alone when i was smaller (blame being only son for that)
If you want to trully see if your world is good, search it in game, if you see reuploads that werent made from you, thats the people that loved your world so much that they wish they could have made something like that
Now of the reason for you to leave is because you are bored of it, then its totally fine, give it some rest and come back when you feel inspired again, or dont, but this popularity thing shoulndt be your main hook anyways.
Sorry for wall of text

TL;DR: your world being popular or not here shouldnt be the reason you should leave for

Okay, first of all whether my world is good or not is subjective. The amount of good in the world isn't measured by how many people reuploaded it. I've never reuploaded a person's world even if I did like it. Why would I if it's already there when you search it?

Also, I did get bored. When I saw that a multiplayer element was probably never going to see the light of day after this last update, that's when I decided to get out of here. Now, yeah, I sent out to Elite Builders and Ari a bunch of times in order to have my world placed on some of these lists, which it wasn't. So I stopped doing that and like I mentioned before, played more for my own enjoyment.

And so what if I want some attention for what I've made?  <_< You all act like that's a bad thing although it's something that drives many of you to build. This game completely pales in comparison to the competition in the app store, mainly due to the reasons I've mentioned above and I knew that going in. If attention was my main goal, I would have played Minecraft. 

http://forum.edengam...xpanding-world/7wjbS2b.png
(Sig made by me!) New Many Metropolises, one of the most expansive worlds.<p>

#24 SetSailToFail

SetSailToFail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:54 PM

Stop begging for attention.... Geez.....

Fine with me if you want to leave since your puling this kind of crap.

Why do you make videos if you aren't out for attention? 

Hey guys, it's fine with Dblcut if I leave. I have his approval. What a douche this guy is and always has been. 

This may be a fine community, but people turn on you very quick when you speak your mind. I really have to get out of here now before I say more inflammatory stuff. Bye.

• Michigander1 likes this

#25 BrixXx

BrixXx

Eden Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:10 PM

Hey guys, it's fine with Dblcut if I leave. I have his approval. What a douche this guy is and always has been. 

This may be a fine community, but people turn on you very quick when you speak your mind. I really have to get out of here now before I say more inflammatory stuff. Bye.

what dblcut said is maybe a bit harsh, but true. you should play eden with zeal.

also your world is very good, but sometimes people dont have time to check a world that fast.

• Dblcut3 likes this

My topic:
http://forum.edengam...-brixxx-worlds/
If you like my worlds, give my first topic-post a like :lol:
or vote with the poll ^_^

Here a Fan Video from Eden made by me: http://m.youtube.com...h?v=ml1Q78Qtu5M

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube....ser/SphaxDeluxe

#26 zztupapazz

zztupapazz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationMexicoooooo!

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:53 PM

This may be a fine community, but people turn on you very quick when you speak your mind.

The main reason we "turned on you" is because of the way you posted the reason of you leaving could be translated like this:
"Waa nobody is paying attention to me so im gonna go now, bye"
Yes, a world being "good" is very subjective, and neither have i reuploaded a world from another guy, i only mentioned that in case you needed some way of getting your morale up.
Multiplayer here wouldnt make that much of a difference, this game isnt simply made for that, if you got bored in Sp you would probably do too in MP, but as ive said, if thats the reason you leave its ok and i wish you well
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and think that you only wrote wrong your reasons to leave, but as BNM said, if the reason for you to play here is to be popular then you might as well not play at all
  • Dblcut3 and NathanielBrusch like this

#27 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

Lordy Jeex this is an online FORUM anyways

who the flagnarg even CARES who is popular and who is not? like honestly we can't even SEE each other!

Lol its only a game in the first place

• Dblcut3 and The real stickwart like this

#28 Dblcut3

Dblcut3

Super Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1763 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:16 PM

1. I make videos because I love doing it and have always loved making videos and editing.

2. Thanks for the complement  :wub:

3. I'm speaking against you because this is clearly an attention plot to get people to give you sympathy. Been there and done that myself. (I wouldn't anymore though)

I see no point continuing this argument, so, I will no longer be responding if you do. Thanks for playing Eden in the time you did.

P.S. Sorry if I'm a bit harsh to people, that's just kind of how I am I guess.

#29 ansin11

ansin11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:29 PM

Im hungry.
  • NathanielBrusch likes this

#30 BrixXx

BrixXx

Eden Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:47 PM

Im hungry.

Your mom is hungry!

- JK -

Omg first (listless) mother joke on eden forums. Never thought my 2000th forum post would be so productive

err... but I'm curious. why are you hungry?
  • Dblcut3 and NathanielBrusch like this

My topic:

#31 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:08 AM

...BECAUSE HE JUST GOT DONE BANGING YOUR MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOA IT MADE A CIRCLE

• BrixXx likes this

#32 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:08 AM

BrixXx lol jking ;)

had to throw it back at ya

#33 Dblcut3

Dblcut3

Super Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1763 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:26 AM

:rolleyes: We should probably move on  :D

#34 BrixXx

BrixXx

Eden Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:44 AM

BrixXx lol jking ;)

had to throw it back at ya

haha I enjoy it xD

My topic:

#35 ansin11

ansin11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:54 PM

I found the discussion going on here to have a negative effect on (my) forum experience, so i bombed it with nonsense. :P
  • BEANpp88 likes this

#36 Squidish

Squidish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationYour Nose

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:23 PM

Gonna let one comment ruin your day

lol you=noob

Hiya! I'm the creator of the Super Mario 3D World levels and Kanto Region!

My worlds:

-Super Mario 3D World levels:

Super Bell Hill, Conkdor Canyon, Snowball Park

-Kanto Region

Current version: 0.1.4

http://forum.edengam...2-kanto-region/

#37 SetSailToFail

SetSailToFail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 01 May 2015 - 03:07 PM

Wow. You guys fail to see the point entirely. I'm a grown man now. I'm not 18/19 like when this game came out years and years ago. I have a social life and a work life, you have to offer me something more than just building. This game does none of that. It's just building and building. ALL ALONE. 

I want interactivity and some sort of cooperative play. Your game doesn't have that and it's going to fail because of it. Don't tell me that I left for the wrong reasons like you know where I'm coming from. Most of you saying that are probably playing day-in-day-out, with very little real social interactivity in your lives. If you had that social element in your life, you would understand how having friends to play the game with, truly matters.

But totally continue acting like those things mean nothing to you. You guys are just special unicorns who aren't out for any sort of attention or interactivity with other people. Even the ones here with 1,000+ posts to their name. Yeah, I'm sure you aren't looking for any attention posting on every thread in the forum.

I'm just stirring things up in this little graveyard of yours. If anything I'm doing you guys a favor. What the hell else are you guys going to talk about here? It's about time you guys stopped sucking each others dicks for a minute and had a serious conversation lol.

• NathanielBrusch likes this

#38 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:03 PM

Hahaha YES now THAT was a good, hearty rant. With some suprisingly good points.

However, I'm NOT a gamer, don't even have a user name. I have a life and lots of friends I see everyday at school. Every other day we all drum together. I don't take this game super seriously, but I can see why it seems like a lot of other members do. They live for this, you might say. I personally just kinda chill and review people's stuff that they killed themselves working on, and then use big words to describe what I liked or didn't; it's only a game after all.

We do have a page for those kinds of meaningful discussions, but they always ended up in huge debates on religion and political alignment issues

#39 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:08 PM

Honestly for me this is actually more the type of game that I prefer playing alone; I'm super competetive when I play basketball or video games otherwise.

But I'm not anti-social, I just like playing Eden alone, especially as I've never played Minecraft multi-player before and so then have nothing to compare my Eden experience with.

Lol I used to post on every discussion I could, but only because back then I was really into this game and excited about being a member of theforums finally, not because I ever sought attention. I mean honestly we are online so it's not like we can give real attention to one another anyways. We can't see each other or interact in any tangible way, so I don't see any point intrying to seek attention through the forums. Maybe facebook once in a while; no here.

:) Thats just my two cents though
  • Dblcut3 likes this

#40 BrixXx

BrixXx

Eden Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:45 PM

Wow. You guys fail to see the point entirely. I'm a grown man now. I'm not 18/19 like when this game came out years and years ago. I have a social life and a work life, you have to offer me something more than just building. This game does none of that. It's just building and building. ALL ALONE. 

I want interactivity and some sort of cooperative play. Your game doesn't have that and it's going to fail because of it. Don't tell me that I left for the wrong reasons like you know where I'm coming from. Most of you saying that are probably playing day-in-day-out, with very little real social interactivity in your lives. If you had that social element in your life, you would understand how having friends to play the game with, truly matters.

But totally continue acting like those things mean nothing to you. You guys are just special unicorns who aren't out for any sort of attention or interactivity with other people. Even the ones here with 1,000+ posts to their name. Yeah, I'm sure you aren't looking for any attention posting on every thread in the forum.

I'm just stirring things up in this little graveyard of yours. If anything I'm doing you guys a favor. What the hell else are you guys going to talk about here? It's about time you guys stopped sucking each others dicks for a minute and had a serious conversation lol.

damn it. i thought you wanted to go away? why are you still looking on this forums? lol
  • Dblcut3 likes this

My topic:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users