23 replies to this topic

#1 Bnm

Bnm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:26 AM

My iPhone 4S has been constantly crashing. It just black screens and quits out of the app, deleting all my current work. Very annoying. I have enough space on my phone, and have no other apps besides spotify running...

Also, I'm having the glitch through the ground CONSTANTLY. The world just turns into air, I get the X-ray view and fall down. If there is something under me that I built, I fall in that, and if there is solid surface, I fall under the world and teleport to the sky. This just happens randomly as I walk.

-Bnm

Ari, plz fix
iOS 8.0.2 btw
  • NinROCK3T and BrixXx like this

#2 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:01 AM

This is an important bug report. I am moving this thread to the "Support and bug Reports" area. ;)  Enjoy!

In the App Store, the 4th sample screen shot is from my world: Tokyo Unified Amuro'44121191'53 (compare)

x0N0ygg.png

The official version has the date 10/11/2015. Accept no substitutes™  ^_^  (I also figured out the file format)

#3 BrixXx

BrixXx

Eden Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:31 AM

wait I have iphone 5 O.o
is it because ios 8.0.2 or because of the beta?

My topic:
http://forum.edengam...-brixxx-worlds/
If you like my worlds, give my first topic-post a like :lol:
or vote with the poll ^_^

Here a Fan Video from Eden made by me: http://m.youtube.com...h?v=ml1Q78Qtu5M

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube....ser/SphaxDeluxe

#4 Michigander1

Michigander1

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1357 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:02 PM

My suspicion is its because you have iOS 8.0.2 on iPhone 4S

#5 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:14 AM

We had similar reports from a couple others using iPhone 4S. I don't remember who, or what iOS they had. Look at the other threads here in the "Support and Bug Reports" area, over the past month or so.

In the App Store, the 4th sample screen shot is from my world: Tokyo Unified Amuro'44121191'53 (compare)

x0N0ygg.png

The official version has the date 10/11/2015. Accept no substitutes™  ^_^  (I also figured out the file format)

#6 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:27 PM

I have a problem

#7 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:28 PM

However I'm not sure what subtopic to put it under, or to make a new one, (because my problem's pretty unique no brag,) so I'll just gripe about it on this one:

Ok, so guys, I got a problem. And if you are reading this it means I'm stuck in the same forlorn boat as a couple other chumps who have been complaining about not having certain worlds available for download off of the pre-update Eden world uploads list.
Recently, I had Eden version 1.7 or whatever it was before the 2.0 update installed on my ipod 4 (I think), with ios6 or maybe 7. I think 6 though. I was accepted as a beta tester for the new update and installed Tetflight (BEFORE it was rendered part of Apple). I installed the profiles and the beta updates of the new look Eden game onto my device with no problems. This continued on until past when te actual Apple update of Eden came out. I had not actually synched the actuall Version 2.0 from the app store onto my device throughout this time.
When the latet beta update came out, the one with the expanding block option, I was unable to get it because at that time Testflight had been taken by Apple. I decided to wait until I would eventuall finally go ahead and download the actual Apple store Eden 2.0 version before worrying. However, even more recently, I deleted my existing profiles on my device allowing me to play the beta versions of Eden on my ipod. So now I have the app still on my ipod, but when I click on it, it immediately opens into the app, but then reverts directly into the home screen. Nothing. And now I can't get the beta testing profiles I deleted back (even though I can retry and get Testflight again from my email) because Testflight is now part of Apple and I've been using my dad's itunes account as I do not (yet) have my own.
Here is my question: throught all of the previously-mentioned events I had kept building and uploading (certain [updated versions of my own] worlds,) but now if I go and try and download the actual Eden 2.0 update from the apple itunes store onto my ipod, will all the worlds I had available to play on on my Eden app menu be gone, or will they still be okay? Some I had from a while ago and I'm sure that I won't be able to get them back, while most are recent ones.
I'm not sure what to do and scared of what furthter action could produce as a result. Anyone who can offer support or advice will be owed any one favor by me as a builder on Eden and as a forum member. The ipod has never been and will not be jail-broken. Prior to deleting my profiles, the app in the beta versions I was playing on was working fine, except for the already-reported bug of crashing when attempting to enter into and play on worlds of a certain huge size, like the newest version of Many Metropolises available for download. However, this bug was not exclusive to me as I saw others report this similar effect because of the ipod version's outdated or old capabilities. Also, the night effect did not work for me, and llights did not create any visible effect, but also those are still both problems experienced by people with the same device/operating system as myself, and Ari said those would be the scarifice of playin on such capabilities.
Thanks once again to anyone who can offer advice,
Nathaniel Brusch

#8 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:29 PM

Yes confirmed I have an ipod 4 with ios6

#9 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:41 PM

Hi NathanielBrusch,

However I'm not sure what subtopic to put it under, or to make a new one, (because my problem's pretty unique no brag,) so I'll just gripe about it on this one

This is the proper topic! :)

... Recently, I had Eden version 1.7 or whatever it was before the 2.0 update installed on my ipod 4 (I think), with ios6 or maybe 7. I think 6 though. I was accepted as a beta tester ... I had not actually synched the actuall Version 2.0 from the app store onto my device throughout this time.

When the latet beta update came out, the one with the expanding block option, I was unable to get it because at that time Testflight had been taken by Apple.

Were you still able to play Eden at that point?

I decided to wait until I would eventuall finally go ahead and download the actual Apple store Eden 2.0 version before worrying. However, even more recently, I deleted my existing profiles on my device allowing me to play the beta versions of Eden on my ipod. So now I have the app still on my ipod, but when I click on it, it immediately opens into the app, but then reverts directly into the home screen. Nothing. And now I can't get the beta testing profiles I deleted back (even though I can retry and get Testflight again from my email) because Testflight is now part of Apple and I've been using my dad's itunes account as I do not (yet) have my own.

I don't know what "deleting profiles" means, but did you still have the Eden (beta) app on the iPod at that point?

If yes, then what happened is that deleting your profiles also made it so you no longer have permission to run the beta test application. The files (like your Eden worlds) are still in there, but iPod is kicking you out as soon as the app-launcher tries to verify the digital signature.

Here is my question: throught all of the previously-mentioned events I had kept building and uploading (certain [updated versions of my own] worlds,) but now if I go and try and download the actual Eden 2.0 update from the apple itunes store onto my ipod, will all the worlds I had available to play on on my Eden app menu be gone, or will they still be okay?

Whatever you do, you first should copy the worlds off your iPod. Use a real computer, and get iFunBox if you have Windows, or iExplorer if you have Mac OS. Connect the iPod, and go into the Eden app's "documents" area and copy all the ".eden" and ".png" files you can find. Save them in a folder on the PC. Make a copy onto a thumb drive or something, just for safekeeping. If they're big, that's good. My Tokyo world is about 400 MB and a basic small flat world is 16 MB (if created in Eden 1.7 or earlier).

Also, don't upgrade your iOS becaue if you go to iOS 8.1.something, iFunBox stops working and there's no way to use it to back up or restore Eden worlds.

Later you might have to copy them back, or if you can't, you'll have to find a way to send the files (in a ZIP archive, because they compress really well) to someone who can put them on their iPod and upload the worlds for you.

... Thanks once again to anyone who can offer advice,

I hope this helped...

x0N0ygg.png

#10 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:44 PM

So actually downloading the actual Eden 2.0 won't work?

#11 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:13 PM

So actually downloading the actual Eden 2.0 won't work?

We don't know. I think you haven't done that yet based on what you wrote. So back up your worlds first by manually copying the files out of your iPod. If you try to just guess and hope, and lose your worlds, don't say I didn't warn you.

x0N0ygg.png

#12 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:55 PM

Ok I will try that as best I can

Thank you, Mrob

Also in response to your questions - yes and yes I was still able to play all throughout while having the playable beta versions but not the actual update

#13 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:28 AM

Ok I will try that as best I can

Thank you, Mrob

Also in response to your questions - yes and yes I was still able to play all throughout while having the playable beta versions but not the actual update

Oh okay. Then I think when you removed your profiles it was like signing out of the account that was authorised to do the beta testing.

(You never explained what "deleted my existing profiles on my device" actually means. Do you mean signing out from the iTunes and App Store section of Settings > General ?)

x0N0ygg.png

#14 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:08 AM

No its weird usually wi-fi at my school (FCPS is the county) requires a user to log in as a guest or registered user to use the wi-fi. In doing so you create a profile on the ipod, or like you said, the separate permission "slips" I guess youcould call them, for each network. But only school ones require that as far as I know. I'll take a screenshot of what I mean. However, the Eden ones were listed below the school wi-fi tags in settings-(uh[pause for check that I know what I'm talking about])general-profile on my ipod at least (4th gen running on ios6, remember). The Eden ones were all lined up, from the first beta released that I could test on (and did play on), up until the last one, the one right before the actual 2.0 official update was released. I will provide a link to imgur in my very next post concerning what "profiles" I speak of, exactly.

#15 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:22 AM

Here are what I'm referring to by "profiles"

I can delete or "remove" off the ipod whenever I so choose, but then if ever I want to use them again, I have to go back through the processes I originally had to go through to get them in the first place

The link: http://m.imgur.com/y...8ghwcvD,sT31604

If this has taught me anything, it's "if it ain't broke, don't mess with it!"

#16 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:55 AM

Also, now on the app store, it says that I will have to buy and re-download Eden 2.0 to get it on my phone, so I don't think the beta shell of an app i have leftover on my homescreen counts as something to be updated. Eden 2.0 won't register it as a previous version so it looks like I'll be following Mrob's advice and utilizing iFunBox when I get home in 2 days to save my world files. Then I guess I'll put them back into my ipod once I download Exen 2.0 after I've already copied and saved my world files off my ipod and onto my computer

#17 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:35 AM

Thanks for explaining all this,

No its weird usually wi-fi [...] requires a user to log in [...] In doing so you create a profile on the ipod, ... However, the Eden ones were listed below the school wi-fi tags in settings-(uh[pause for check that I know what I'm talking about])general-profile on my ipod at least (4th gen running on ios6, remember). The Eden ones were all lined up, from the first beta released that I could test on (and did play on), up until the last one, the one right before the actual 2.0 official update was released. ...

Oh, that's odd. I don't even have that setting (Mine just has VPN and iTunes Wi-Fi Sync) but I guess it's because I've never used any kind of special network, just home Wi-Fi. (You can delete your imgur photo now if you want.)

After reading a bit about profiles, I think maybe it's the email address that was the important (and now missing) link. Remember, to get TestFlight you had to read an email on your iPod. Then it downloaded the app (maybe you had to go through a link to Safari, I've forgotten now). Then to get each version of Eden Beta you also had to read an email on the iPod. So the betas are linked to your email somehow. And the configuration profiles include an email address.

So I guess removing the profiles made it forget that you had read those emails, and it lost the authorization, or security code, or whatever controls who has been invited to be a beta-tester.

Also, now on the app store, it says that I will have to buy and re-download Eden 2.0 to get it on my phone, so I don't think the beta shell of an app i have leftover on my homescreen counts as something to be updated. Eden 2.0 won't register it as a previous version so it looks like I'll be following Mrob's advice and utilizing iFunBox when I get home in 2 days to save my world files. Then I guess I'll put them back into my ipod once I download Exen 2.0 after I've already copied and saved my world files off my ipod and onto my computer

Yes, definitely back-up your files with iFunBox. When you buy Eden again, it's the same as deleting and reinstalling, and it will definitely lose all your data when you do that.

x0N0ygg.png

#18 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:06 AM

So, just to be supremely clear, I get iFunBox on windows, copy the neccesary files onto my comp, download and install Eden 2.0.1 edition, and then copy and paste the files back into Eden off of the computer, yes?

#19 UNCHeelsLover

UNCHeelsLover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:21 AM

Hey guys, so I was walking around in the new normal world ( in 2.1), and many times I was about to change locations (example: from the mountains to the desert), the app crashed. And it wasn't a one time thing. It did it many times in the exact same spot. It also did it in other parts of the map too. Eventually I was able to walk past that point, but it sure was annoying. I have an iPod touch 5 with ios 7.1.2. I hope this can get fixed with an update or something. Thanks

•See my main Eden Forums topic, Eden Mario Galaxy, here: http://forum.edengam...n-mario-galaxy/
•See my collab world, Super Mario Galaxy Maker, here: http://forum.edengam...chl/#entry22733
•See my other worlds here: http://forum.edengam...lds/#entry22637

#20 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:49 AM

So, just to be supremely clear, I get iFunBox on windows, copy the neccesary files onto my comp, download and install Eden 2.0.1 edition, and then copy and paste the files back into Eden off of the computer, yes?

"Copy and Paste" doesn't really describe it. You're transferring files. I don't have iFunBox and am a Mac user, so I don't know how iFunBox works. You'll have to spend some time learning how it works.

Also, I don't have Eden 2.1, I'm still using Eden 1.7 on one device and 1.9.8 beta on another, (and no Windows or iFunBox). I would be nice if somebody who actually has that version of Eden, or has used iFunBox, can actually describe how transferring worlds is done. I know people have done it, including everyone who has ever modified a world with Vuenc's program, or used that program to make maps.

x0N0ygg.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users