40 replies to this topic

#1 UNCHeelsLover

UNCHeelsLover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:51 PM

Hello, I'm UNCHeelsLover, and I've been working on a series of worlds for a few years now that I call "Eden Mario Galaxy." I built these worlds to the theme of the Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 for Wii. I've made three worlds in this series so far named "Super Mario Galaxy," "Super Mario Galaxy 2," and "Super Mario Galaxy PC." I've built many "galaxies," or levels, in these worlds. I've designed some after real galaxies from the game, and I've made some of my own. I threw it all together, and this is what I got. I started building the first world in March 2012 and I've been building off and on ever since. I've finished working on SMG, but I'm currently building in SMG 2 and SMG PC. I posted some pictures from the worlds below. I know that these worlds aren't built with the greatest quality, but they're quite large so it makes up for it, right? Here's some information about the worlds.

Current world versions:

Super Mario Galaxy v68'1

Super Mario Galaxy 2 v53

Super Mario Galaxy PC v53

Check my later comments in this thread for newer versions of these worlds.

SMG is one of the first worlds I ever built in Eden. I built the Rosalina's Observatory (pictured) right where I warped into the world first, and went on from there. I have about 80 galaxies in that world. Behind the observatory I have placed all the different block combinations I've used in the world, each representing a power-up, item, enemy, etc. that can be found in the various galaxies I've built. I never update this world anymore, unless I find a problem in the world that needs to be fixed.

SMG 2 is the sequel to my SMG world. Once again I built the Starship Mario (also pictured) where i first warped in, and I've placed the new block combinations behind it. In this world, however, I've used many elements that require destroying the worlds to use, such as digging through dirt or lighting TNT. So far I've built about 55 galaxies in this world, and I add another one every now and then.

SMG PC uses a completely different type of world dynamics. In Super Mario Galaxy for Wii, Prankster Comets orbit the galaxies and alter how you play them. With this world, I've gone back in SMG and changed the galaxies dynamics a little, whether it be putting a time limit on it, or making it so that if you get hurt at all you're dead, or even completely changing how the galaxy is made up. I place a colored comet next to the galaxies to signify how you play the galaxy differently. I redo one of these per galaxy that I make in SMG 2, so i also have about 55 or so galaxies of this type.

The name of the galaxy is given only if I made it up, so if it is designed after a galaxy from the real games, it's unnamed. The small statue-like objects right before the beginning of each galaxy show what color I recommend you paint the sky while playing it. If you come across anything that doesn't work anymore due to the new Eden update, for example a trampoline flying glitch (called a cannon in the worlds) or TNT explosions that don't work because of the new blast radius, please let me know and I'll try to fix it. 

Thanks for reading, and I hope you comment on my worlds.

Attached Files

• BrixXx, NathanielBrusch, Jeremy and 1 other like this
•See my main Eden Forums topic, Eden Mario Galaxy, here: http://forum.edengam...n-mario-galaxy/
•See my collab world, Super Mario Galaxy Maker, here: http://forum.edengam...chl/#entry22733
•See my other worlds here: http://forum.edengam...lds/#entry22637

#2 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:25 PM

WOW! can't wait to explore these!

#3 NinROCK3T

NinROCK3T

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1244 posts
  • LocationGabe City, MI!

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:44 PM

Oh I've seen these before but I never understood how you were meant to explore them! I think the SMG games are the very best Mario games ever!! :D I got up to about 80 stars on SMG & had all 242 stars on SMG2!
IMMA THROW STUFF!!! YouTube: ninrock3t

#4 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:36 AM

None of your attachments is viewable.

LsByXAt.png

In the App Store, the 4th sample screen shot is from my world: Tokyo Unified Amuro'44121191'53 (compare)

x0N0ygg.png

The official version has the date 10/11/2015. Accept no substitutes™  ^_^  (I also figured out the file format)

#5 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:38 AM

Really? They work fine for me.

#6 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:39 AM

Really? They work fine for me.

Then please make a post that has the images in it, as actual images. (Click the image icon and when asked, put in the URL of the image)

In the App Store, the 4th sample screen shot is from my world: Tokyo Unified Amuro'44121191'53 (compare)

x0N0ygg.png

The official version has the date 10/11/2015. Accept no substitutes™  ^_^  (I also figured out the file format)

#7 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:08 AM

post-1387-0-90047900-1426445467.jpg

post-1387-0-67663900-1426445494.jpg

post-1387-0-50260500-1426445726.jpg

• mrob27 likes this

#8 UNCHeelsLover

UNCHeelsLover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:50 AM

Ok, that's the only way I knew how to post the pictures. Thanks for all the good feedback so far. I didn't know how well everyone would consider the worlds, so it's encouraging to get good replies.

•See my main Eden Forums topic, Eden Mario Galaxy, here: http://forum.edengam...n-mario-galaxy/
•See my collab world, Super Mario Galaxy Maker, here: http://forum.edengam...chl/#entry22733

#9 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:56 AM

Thanks Jason. (How did you do that? I tried Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera, all of them logged in to my account, and they all give me that "you don't have permission" crap. But I can see the images in your post even if I am not signed in, or using an incognito window!)

x0N0ygg.png

#10 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:37 AM

I'm using Safari. I'm not sure what's different for you.

#11 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:16 AM

I'm using Safari. I'm not sure what's different for you.

I thought it might be my country or my IP address, but it doesn't work on my phone either. Sites often block IP addresses because they're on blacklists. I suppose somebody else who is in my town might have gotten our whole block of IP addresses on a blacklist. But it doesn't seem likely my phone's internet address would be blacklisted too  :huh:

x0N0ygg.png

#12 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:29 AM

I did a bunch of Google searches.

The answer is (apparently) that some users here have permission to view attachments, and I do not. Only an administrator can give me permission to view attachments. So I either have to bother Ari about this, or just keep whining everytime someone uploads images to the forum instead of to imgur. Maybe I'd be better off just forgetting about it. I always try out everyone's world anyway.

• NathanielBrusch likes this

x0N0ygg.png

#13 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:28 AM

I find it very odd that the default behavior for the moderator group is to block viewing attachments... surely Ari wouldn't intentionally do that.

#14 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:37 PM

I always try out everyone's world anyway.

^THAT"S THE SPIRIT! ATTA BOY!

#15 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:14 PM

Direct City - Brice can't view attachments either.

I find it very odd that the default behavior for the moderator group is to block viewing attachments... surely Ari wouldn't intentionally do that.

You find lots of things odd!  :P

I don't think Ari had to do anything. The forum software probably started out that way. Several other game forums use the same software and report the same problem with permissions:

http://forum.avsim.n...ave-permission/

http://forum.warthun...ssion-for-that/

http://forum.warthun...etting-at-last/

http://www.loverslab...tachment-error/

http://forum.kingoft...his-attachment/

If you read those you'll see they all give different reasons and disagree on how to fix. I think that's because they're all set up differently.

I know that before I became a moderator I could view the images in my own first few posts.

Right now I think that when this particular forum was set up, nobody had permission to view attachments. Then at some point, somebody probably asked Ari or Steve or admin and non-moderators got permission to view attachments, but moderators were not changed. I'll ask Gunni and find out if he too has this problem.

• NinROCK3T likes this

x0N0ygg.png

#16 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:08 PM

Right. I'm saying I find it odd that the people at IPS would set up the default to have that behavior... administrator shouldn't have to give moderators permission when regular members have it by default. 

On the IPB forums I've run before, I had an OCD-thing where I had to go through every single setting one by one and make sure it was exactly how I wanted it. No exceptions. So I never noticed this problem. I just changed the settings right away anyway.

#17 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:02 AM

Thanks  ;) I think maybe if Gunni also has the problem I'll ask Ari on behalf of all 3 of the moderators...

I'll try to drag myself back onto the proper topic  :D

35wP9Mc.png

I really like the way you made specific blocks for all the things in the SMG game. Here is a shot near the start (Hope I'm not spoiling anything here) to show a lot of the impressive work you did on this, and how the world explains how to play the levels (galaxies).

KbxIvVZ.png

Here's a shot right under the power star in the 4th galaxy (tree wood).

This is such a good example of why we need hundreds of treasure crystals in Eden. it would also be good to be able to make it so you have to get all the power stars in each level before being able to advance to the next. Perhaps portals should not work until you have collected all the treasure cubes of the matching colour.

• NinROCK3T likes this

x0N0ygg.png

#18 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:35 AM

OOH! and maybe we have small and big and normal size crystals, to go with the mega and small blocks too! that way we could represent the smaller star pieces vs. the bigger ones!

• NinROCK3T likes this

#19 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:55 AM

Yeah that would be even better.

I tried adding more treasure cubes to a map. They're just another block type. So I hacked a map to contain 100 treasure cubes... but Eden crashed as soon as I loaded the world.

Everyone wants to ask Ari to let us have way more treasure cubes, and if we manage to get that, I think it would be pretty easy to also have different types or sizes.

With small and big treasure crystals, maybe it would be set up so you can't get a big one until you've found all the small ones that go with it (and it has to have a way of matching or grouping them, and I think colour is the way to do that.)

Alternately, some kind of treasure crystal that activates portals (again i think linked by colour). The portals would be to go to the next level / stage / whatever , or maybe they just give you access to the last crystal for a particular level if it's a hub level system (and then a third portal takes you back to the hub, and the exit of that 3rd portal is behind rock so you can't cheat by taking the portal to the end of the level)

x0N0ygg.png

#20 UNCHeelsLover

UNCHeelsLover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:32 AM

@mrob27: Oh it's alright you're not spoiling anything. Actually I can't figure out how to post a picture without using that attachment thing that people've said doesn't work sometimes. So thanks. Btw how do you give a photo a URL address anyway? That's the part I can't figure out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: video game, wii, Mario, Galaxy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users