#1 GraysonG

GraysonG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationEden :)

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:40 AM

I need a special request, myself and a friend would like to combine our 2 worlds, does anyone have the know how on how to do this or would someone be willing to do it for me

GRAYSONS WORLD v9'7

426966729.eden

#2 GraysonG

GraysonG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:42 PM

no one knows  :o  :(

GRAYSONS WORLD v9'7

426966729.eden

#3 Bnm

Bnm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:57 PM

You can't.
  • GraysonG likes this

#4 GraysonG

GraysonG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:05 AM

you cant copy files from one world and add the to another?

GRAYSONS WORLD v9'7

426966729.eden

#5 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:09 AM

You probably could... would take a third party program to copy block data from one into the other. It would take some care, so that parts of one world aren't overwritten by parts of another. You would need to ask Vuenc or mrob probably, as they're able to read the Eden save files and modify them. I have yet to try it, personally.

#6 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:12 AM

Uhhh,, it's too much work? Vuenc Tools had the ability to add code to do new things. The trouble with this is the user interface. it's a 3-D editing task. Imagine creating a program like Paint.net that just does cut and paste . . but you have to do it in 3D. How do you even display the 3D data and indicate what subset of it has been selected?

In the App Store, the 4th sample screen shot is from my world: Tokyo Unified Amuro'44121191'53 (compare)

x0N0ygg.png

The official version has the date 10/11/2015. Accept no substitutes™  ^_^  (I also figured out the file format)

#7 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:25 AM

I had forgotten that Ari doesn't save only the modified blocks, but the entire chunk that has modified blocks on it. That makes it a trickier job, for sure.

#8 GraysonG

GraysonG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:07 PM

i would pay money to get this done at this point

GRAYSONS WORLD v9'7

426966729.eden

#9 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:17 PM

Copy all the chunks from the one file and add them as new chunks into the other file? 

#10 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:23 PM

Copy all the chunks from the one file and add them as new chunks into the other file? 

Yeah, but where do you add the new chunks? They have to line up right with one another, and their site in the resulting merged world needs to blend in well with whatever other stuff was there already.

Overnight I was still thinking about this and I think there might be something going on that hasn't been explained by GraysonG (the original poster).

Do you and your friend both start with the same original "World A" and build different stuff in different places, forming "World B" and "World C"?

If you have all three worlds (the original, plus both changed versions) then the computer could do a "branch merge" operation like in git or svn version-control. It would scan through world C looking for everything that is changed as compared to world A but which is not also changed in world B. Anything matching those criteria could get added to world B, and the result ("world BC") is a merge of the two branches. This kind of thing happens a lot when multiple people (programmers) are all working on the same computer software project.

It wouldn't require any user interface to do that. But I don't have time to do it.

• Vuenc and BrixXx like this

In the App Store, the 4th sample screen shot is from my world: Tokyo Unified Amuro'44121191'53 (compare)

x0N0ygg.png

The official version has the date 10/11/2015. Accept no substitutes™  ^_^  (I also figured out the file format)

#11 Vuenc

Vuenc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:33 PM

So, this would be possible if both are flat worlds (then mrobs criterium would be fulfilled); if both worlds are built on normal terrain, it would require quite alot manual building work to smoothen out the edges.

But either way, it also requires some programming work which I don't have time for at the moment, I'm sorry

• BrixXx likes this

#12 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:06 PM

So, this would be possible if both are flat worlds (then mrobs criterium would be fulfilled); if both worlds are built on normal terrain, it would require quite alot manual building work to smoothen out the edges.

But either way, it also requires some programming work which I don't have time for at the moment, I'm sorry

They don't have to be flat worlds. Merging like this would work just fine on terrain worlds.

But the person who's trying to do this has to have all three versions (his own version, plus the original before the friend started making the changes, and the friend's current version).

I've been thinking this might be part of the reason why the fixed, non-random Eden 2.0 terrain is such a good idea. Think about it: everybody who makes a new Normal word in Eden 2.0 gets dropped into the exact same world (just in different places). Only the stuff I build gets saved.

If I built a house over here, and you built a fort over there, then chances are we did stuff that doesn't overlap. Then you could take the chunks of my world plus the chunks of your world and combine them together. With the header (which includes the home location), and creatures taken from my version, because I say so!  :P  :D you'd have a merged world containing both the house and the fort.

• Vuenc likes this

x0N0ygg.png

#13 GraysonG

GraysonG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:40 PM

To help with this the worlds of intrest of merging together are "GRAYSONS WORLD v9'7" and "james and johs world v36" and we wold like it all flat land

GRAYSONS WORLD v9'7

426966729.eden

#14 GraysonG

GraysonG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:51 PM

http://imgur.com/x9B7k4N this is kinda what we want but this is older versions of our maps

GRAYSONS WORLD v9'7

426966729.eden

#15 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:27 AM

Right, just pick a side and throw all the chunks over there if there's room to. If you pick the left side of world 1 to put world 2 in, for example, then take the farthest chunk to the right in world 2 and put it in the first available spot to the left in world 1. Then load all chunks in relative to that one, and fill any gaps between them with empty chunks.

Something like that...

Edit: First available spot to the left in world 1 would have to be the furthest chunk to the left. That way, you're combining the furthest right with the furthest left. Then, no chunks should collide. Depending on how you've saved the chunks in the worlds, that could potentially leave huge gaps between the two. 

• GraysonG likes this

#16 GraysonG

GraysonG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:09 AM

got anything yet guys?

GRAYSONS WORLD v9'7

426966729.eden

#17 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:59 AM

got anything yet guys?

We pretty much already answered the question three different ways and Vuenc and I are both too busy to do it for you.

I'm also too busy to do most everything else that all the other people on forums ask me to do for them (and there are a bunch), so it's not anything personal against you.

Jason described a method of combining two worlds that involves adding lots of chunks. Vuenc's program can add chunks, but Vuenc said he doesn't have time to do it. Find somebody who knows how to do computer programming or wants to learn. Read my description of the Eden file format (http://mrob.com/pub/...ile-format.html) and have fun.

x0N0ygg.png

#18 Bnm

Bnm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:36 AM

Rebuild it.

#19 GraysonG

GraysonG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:02 PM

We pretty much already answered the question three different ways and Vuenc and I are both too busy to do it for you.

I'm also too busy to do most everything else that all the other people on forums ask me to do for them (and there are a bunch), so it's not anything personal against you.

Jason described a method of combining two worlds that involves adding lots of chunks. Vuenc's program can add chunks, but Vuenc said he doesn't have time to do it. Find somebody who knows how to do computer programming or wants to learn. Read my description of the Eden file format (http://mrob.com/pub/...ile-format.html) and have fun.

working to hard! thanks for this info

Rebuild it.

Too long

GRAYSONS WORLD v9'7

426966729.eden

#20 Dblcut3

Dblcut3

Super Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1778 posts
  • LocationUnited States Of America

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:54 PM

I agree with Bnm. Just rebuild it. Itll take shorter than trying to do a complicated process that has never been done before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users