#21 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:05 AM

For testing purposes: see if you can read in all your favourite Eden worlds without crashing, or something like that. Or see f you can read in multiple worlds and combine them together into one big world with oceans in between, as a test of whether it can handle really huge worlds.

Later on, if you get to the point where you're actually building lots of buildings or parkour tracks or whatever in your program, then the fact that you can also read in Eden files would make it so you could combine all your creations into the new program.

But maybe it's a dumb idea. You have to convert all the Eden blocks of course. So you'd have to have your own version of an ice block, ramp blocks, portals etc. etc., for it to be "fully functional".

In the App Store, the 4th sample screen shot is from my world: Tokyo Unified Amuro'44121191'53 (compare)

x0N0ygg.png

The official version has the date 10/11/2015. Accept no substitutes™  ^_^  (I also figured out the file format)

#22 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:07 AM

I was considering something like that, although not on the scale you're speaking of. I was worried that Ari was losing motivation for Eden and I didn't want Ashley and I to lose all the effort we put into making our world (years now), so we figured we could copy it into our own game if it came to that. Or, just for fun or for testing as you said. 

I'd have to have many of the same blocks. I suppose for ones that are different I could just change them into something else that will suffice... would take some thought.

#23 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:52 AM

I played Lunacraft a lot back when it was called Mooncraft, and figured out the map format for that game (http://mrob.com/pub/...aft-format.html) and I also figured out how to change the sky colour, create and destroy creatures, and a bunch of other stuff.

Part of the reason is that I wanted to save all my work, like Molycastle (http://mooncraft.wik...ob27/Molycastle) and move it to another game. Then I switched to Eden, which has a height limit  :angry: but at least I was able to make maps. And Eden 1.7 turned out to be even easier, because there's no compression.

So I now have a bunch of worlds in two different apps and I'd definitely convert all of my work into a third app if I ever switch to something that is good enough and doesn't have such a small height limit. But it's hard to see another program being as good as Eden. Does any other game even have wedge/ramp/slope blocks? And being able to make an ice rink or skateboard park, and some kind of bouncy block? Redstone is cool, but you can't make an 8-sided funnel trap in Minecraft.

In the App Store, the 4th sample screen shot is from my world: Tokyo Unified Amuro'44121191'53 (compare)

x0N0ygg.png

The official version has the date 10/11/2015. Accept no substitutes™  ^_^  (I also figured out the file format)

#24 Bnm

Bnm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:02 AM

The whole game works out. Controls are great for building and playing(much better than PE), coloring helps immerse you so much. Ice is cool, TNT, Paint Bombs, fireworks, block placers...

Eden is awesome
  • Sam98 likes this

#25 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:29 AM

Yes, that's why I prefer Eden over Minecraft, and why I'd be quite sad if Ari stopped development. 

#26 sirgooey

sirgooey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 01:15 AM

i want multiplayer too and adventure mode 

#27 Dblcut3

Dblcut3

Super Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1763 posts
  • LocationUnited States Of America

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:26 PM

Can you please stop bumping inactive threads?

#28 The real stickwart

The real stickwart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationArmored train somewhere in MURICA

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:21 AM

darn it ari im gunna find u and make you sell eden

pew pew pew i like trains. also armored trains, hover trains, offroad trains. Did I mention trains?

BOOSH

trains

#29 The real stickwart

The real stickwart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:24 AM

ZOMEFFGEE I FOUND STUFF ON ARI HE POSTED STUFF THIS MONTH THIS MONTH HES ALIVE HE IS ALIVEEE IMA FIND U ARI I WILL.

pew pew pew i like trains. also armored trains, hover trains, offroad trains. Did I mention trains?

BOOSH

trains

#30 Dblcut3

Dblcut3

Super Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1763 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:39 PM

darn it ari im gunna find u and make you sell eden

No one will want to buy a dead Minecraft clone.

#31 The real stickwart

The real stickwart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:42 AM

No one will want to buy a dead Minecraft clone.

Forcing him to update it is then!

BOOSH

trains

#32 The real stickwart

The real stickwart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:43 AM

D: ari pls

BOOSH

trains

#33 Dblcut3

Dblcut3

Super Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1763 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:07 PM

D: ari pls

He doesn't want to anymore. Respect his decision.

#34 The real stickwart

The real stickwart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:04 PM

Cri

BOOSH

trains

#35 The real stickwart

The real stickwart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:44 PM

We can already do number 11.. Just tap the photo thing and press the home button and power off button then there。(apple device only)

BOOSH

trains

#36 The real stickwart

The real stickwart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:45 PM

I wouldnt want it in the PC or mac though..

BOOSH

trains

#37 sirgooey

sirgooey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:49 PM

wifi and bluetooth multiplayer would be fun 

#38 sirgooey

sirgooey