9 replies to this topic

#1 Boa49

Boa49

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:12 PM

Hi there, I'm a big fan of Eden - World Builder. Here are some suggestions for futures updates:
  1. Fix the resolution: Rectangular block are actually not looking good, they are square in all the other sandbox game. This ruins the quality of the game.
  2. Improve the portals: Make them so that they are usable from the charged chunk to a non-charged chunk. This is how they should work, if not they are almost useless. Fix them so that doors don't be destroyed if they are in front of a portal. Also, allow the coloration on the back side of portals... we can paint everything, so why not this?
  3. Fix the light blocks: Light is great, but sides of the block which are not exposed should not be lighter.
  4. Put shadow as an on/off option: This could be a way to support the old device by keeping a nice game experience for the new devices.
  5. Add an in-game option to prevent falling: A kind of security to not fall and place block just in front of a block, as we could build a row of block in the air from a single block without falling.
  6. Increase the height limit: 16 blocks more would be already greater. I always be restrained by the height limit, this one is way higher on other game too.
  7. Increase the number of available shiny cubes:  Maybe as much as we want with a counter on the icon so that we know how much there is on the map.
  8. Double door: This would be nice and not too hard to implement.
  9. ½ blocks and big blocks: That would be the best thing that could be add on this game. That would definitively make the difference.
  10. Ability to cote a world as “good”or “bad”: Great way to make the pop list, it's way more efficient than the actual way. 
  11. Ability to sort the worlds in function of their number of visits: An other way to cote the worlds.
  12. Ability to choose a particular terrain gen for a world: This option is now becoming interesting with all the new terrain gens.
See the complete article about my first impressions of Eden - World Builder 2.0 here:

Thanks for reading.

My site web about Eden here: http://www.edenfans.com

#2 NinROCK3T

NinROCK3T

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1244 posts
  • LocationGabe City, MI!

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:18 PM

You're back!! :D Every one of these issues has already been talked about. The distortion is the worst part of the update.
IMMA THROW STUFF!!! YouTube: ninrock3t

#3 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:20 PM

1. Agree!

2. Major agree!

3. Agree.

4. Indifferent to it.

5. Actually, yeah, not a bad idea as an alternative to flying.

6. Indifferent to it. But apparently, judging by what people are saying, 64 is too low! 

7. AGREE. Please, Ari.

8. Sure.

9. Indifferent. Programmatically quite complex...

10. Agree (with additional features as well).

11. Yeah.

12. Not too sure what this means, but if it's what I'm thinking, then I agree.

#4 Boa49

Boa49

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:38 PM

The distortion is the worst part of the update.

I'm happy to know that every one noticed this horrible distortion! :D

9. Indifferent. Programmatically quite complex...

12. Not too sure what this means, but if it's what I'm thinking, then I agree.

I'm a student programming, I know that small/big block ability is kind of a challenge to do, but I seen that they were almost here, then I would have liked to see this added. And for the last point, I mean the possibility to have for example a world with just mountains.

#5 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:45 PM

Yeah, I like the idea #12. In fact, I'm doing something like that in my own engine - where the user can select which components of the terrain and which biomes get generated. 

For me, it's more of an experimental/hobby project. I'd like to see Ari add it for Eden as well.

The small and large blocks... yeah. Ari even had pictures of them at one point, but I'm guessing that too many bugs came up from it and that stopped him. 

If he wants to reconsider it and try to get it to work, I see no reason not to. More tools to build with :)

• mrob27 likes this

#6 Michigander1

Michigander1

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1357 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:49 PM

We need an undo button. I see that Jason put that in his voxel engine, and it would be very helpful in eden

#7 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:11 PM

Just one comment:

Double door: This would be nice and not too hard to implement.

Why can't you put two doors side by side facing opposite directions? It looks just like a double door and they open in opposite directions, so the people walking in and the people walking out can both push the door open as they walk. Just like in a bank or a supermarket.

Also, nice avatar  ;)  (okay, two comments, but that doesn't count because it wasn't your suggestion)

• BEANpp88 likes this

In the App Store, the 4th sample screen shot is from my world: Tokyo Unified Amuro'44121191'53 (compare)

x0N0ygg.png

The official version has the date 10/11/2015. Accept no substitutes™  ^_^  (I also figured out the file format)

#8 Dblcut3

Dblcut3

Super Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1786 posts
  • LocationUnited States Of America

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:38 AM

I just need chat and signs and Im good.

Chat to keep the chatters happy and signs for all of us.

• BEANpp88 likes this

#9 sirgooey

sirgooey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:57 PM

multiplayer? 

#10 The real stickwart

The real stickwart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationArmored train somewhere in MURICA

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:39 PM

multiplayer?

Ari probably wont make that unless he sells eden.... :( i hope he updates or finds a buyer

pew pew pew i like trains. also armored trains, hover trains, offroad trains. Did I mention trains?

BOOSH

trains

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eden, world, builder, suggestion, update, 2.0, resolution, image, new, idea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users