#1 SetSailToFail

SetSailToFail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:18 PM

Heyo guys. I have the worst luck in the world. I updated Eden, but I can't load the current version of my world, nor can I share it. I downloaded the December, smaller version of it and it's working 100%. This version has some work I'm pretty proud of, including many handmade biomes and like 3 cities and it's all lost if I can't somehow get this to work.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Worst case, I could always send the world file to someone and they can upload it, right?
http://forum.edengam...xpanding-world/7wjbS2b.png
(Sig made by me!) New Many Metropolises, one of the most expansive worlds.<p>

#2 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:27 AM

What does "can't load" mean? What does "can't share" mean?

• SetSailToFail likes this

In the App Store, the 4th sample screen shot is from my world: Tokyo Unified Amuro'44121191'53 (compare)

x0N0ygg.png

The official version has the date 10/11/2015. Accept no substitutes™  ^_^  (I also figured out the file format)

#3 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:32 AM

The device is running out memory trying to load it.   Update the server so you can at-least upload it(was getting rejected because version number).  Not sure how much effort I can spend supporting old devices,  wish I could just make the old version available for them.

• SetSailToFail likes this

#4 SetSailToFail

SetSailToFail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:05 PM

Sorry Rob, I'll elaborate. When I attempt to share it, the world will share up to 100%, but once it starts to process it says "connection error". When I try to load the world itself, the entire app crashes. I should note that I used Vshare to update my app, because the apple account linked to my Eden app is having billing issues. Works perfectly, save for this.

@Ari, do you mean my device is running out? I can understand the version number being off, but I already updated so how can I remedy this?

Also thanks for your help fellas.

#5 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:38 PM

Oh, that doesn't sound too good. Do you still have the "Eden 1.7.ipa" file (your copy of the Eden 1.7 app, from iTunes)? If so, and if you haven't added any portals or doors or steel blocks, etc. to your worlds, then you can downgrade to Eden 1.7:

• Use iExplorer or iFunbox, look in the Documents area of the Eden app on your device. Copy all your worlds (files ending with ".eden")
  • delete the Eden 2.0 app from your device
  • In iTunes, find the "Eden 2.0.ipa" (use context menu and select "Open Enclosing Folder" or "Reveal in Finder"). Save a copy of the Eden 2.0.ipa file so you can go back to Eden 2.0 later
  • delete the Eden 2.0 app from iTunes
  • copy the "Eden 1.7.ipa" back into iTunes
  • sync your device with iTunes
  • use iTunes to add the Eden app to your device the way you normally would
  • Use iExplorer/iFunBox again to copy the .eden files back into Apps > Eden > Documents on your device

You cannot use anybody else's copy of "Eden 1.7.ipa" or "Eden 2.0.ipa". Apps are always downloaded with a security key so they will only work with the iTunes account that they were bought with. To install Eden 1.7 on a device, that device needs to be authorised with the same iTunes account that was used to buy that copy of Eden 1.7.

• Sam98 likes this

In the App Store, the 4th sample screen shot is from my world: Tokyo Unified Amuro'44121191'53 (compare)

x0N0ygg.png

The official version has the date 10/11/2015. Accept no substitutes™  ^_^  (I also figured out the file format)

#6 SetSailToFail

SetSailToFail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:35 PM

I was actually able to share the world, if you search New Many Metropolises it'll be there. Could someone please DL it and try and see if it works because it still crashes for me.

#7 Jeremy

Jeremy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:48 PM

I downloaded it, it works fine for me.

My world page Jeremy's Worlds