• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 FireManDan

FireManDan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:55 PM

When I load my world and I try to walk around what I have already made and put new stuff in or even walk around I lag that kicks me off the app and I have to reload it just for it to happen again and again

#2 Edgest

Edgest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:56 PM

What device and software version are you using? And by the way welcome to forums
  • NinROCK3T likes this
Edgest 17'4 is the most current update to the original Edgest

Edgest City 1'2 Is the most current update for the new Edgest

#3 NinROCK3T

NinROCK3T

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1244 posts
  • LocationGabe City, MI!

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:58 PM

Welcome to the forums! :D
  • NinROCK3T likes this
IMMA THROW STUFF!!! YouTube: ninrock3t

#4 Sam98

Sam98

Eden Elite!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:31 AM

I dont know if that has already been said or not, but at my brothers ipod 4g light don't light the environment up but act like norman blocks instead...

Rimshine city  facebook page: https://m.facebook.c...264373787105319

Horror cure institution facebook page: https://m.facebook.c...rk=3&fbtype=274

Eden world tour facebook page: https://m.facebook.c...70&ref=bookmark

Sam98

#5 Jeremy

Jeremy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:03 PM

4g doesn't support darkness, so the lights don't work.
  • NinROCK3T and Sam98 like this

My world page Jeremy's Worlds

#6 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:13 PM

Neither does 8g i believe bc i think thats what I have. Actually maybe its 16 idk for sure

#7 Jeremy

Jeremy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:46 PM

It's because of the ram, not the amount if space it has.

My world page Jeremy's Worlds

#8 FireManDan

FireManDan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:30 PM

I have an iPhone6 man. I would think it would be able to handle anything. But it crashes and crashes. My world is kinda large and packed together. But I wish we could get an update to fix that.

#9 The Octagon

The Octagon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:59 AM

Whats thename ofyour world

#10 FireManDan

FireManDan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 01:25 PM

Never Ending City V7 or V6. Iv been having problems with uploading and changing the name back to the old one

#11 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:49 AM

Yes older devices cannot handle worlds that pack alot of edited worldspace (added or changed blocks) into a confined area. That's why my devices lag so much when trying to explore "GOTHAM CITY" and worlds such as that, where there are multiple layers of buildings above and below the ground's surface.

#12 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:44 AM

I've noticed that problem too. On an iPad with iOS 6, a certain area in the middle of the old city area of my Tokyo world makes it crash, but only if I've already moved around a lot to different parts of the world.

Also, one of the "clones" of Tokyo is missing all the solar panels and much of the furniture in the buildings around the warp-home spot. It's too carefully done to be griefing. I think they were removing stuff in an effort to make it crash less on their device.

In the App Store, the 4th sample screen shot is from my world: Tokyo Unified Amuro'44121191'53 (compare)

x0N0ygg.png

The official version has the date 10/11/2015. Accept no substitutes™  ^_^  (I also figured out the file format)

#13 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:54 AM

That is actually kindof genius don't know why I never thought of that

#14 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:48 AM

Yeh, but the thing that puzzles me is:

If my world crashes when they try to play it, then how do they manage to clear out the solar panels and stuff? Use another device, right? Then why not just play Eden on that device?  :huh:  :blink:

In the App Store, the 4th sample screen shot is from my world: Tokyo Unified Amuro'44121191'53 (compare)

x0N0ygg.png

The official version has the date 10/11/2015. Accept no substitutes™  ^_^  (I also figured out the file format)

#15 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 13 January 2016 - 03:24 PM

Either they only had limited access to a device that could do such things, or they did the removal very slowly and carefully. (My ipod 4th gen. I think does this crashin thing quite often with certain worlds, and my 4th gen. Iphone hasnnt done it yet but lags pretty good in some of those same areas) I've noticed that when the character is IN the middle of an area space that typically crashes their device, say here a crowded intersection in the middle of a giant city sureounded by huge skyscrapers, the compatability and performance rate varies depending on which direction the character faces.

For instance, in my LV Batcave edit world, my devices get slowed down alot and lag anytime when facing the large tan mansion that I have made into Wayne Manor in the world of Luxury Villas. This is because in that particular worldspace, I have packed both the house itself, but more importantly, the ground beneath it, absolutely FULL, with many many caves filled with batman gadgets and cars and everything else you can think of. In addition, outside the walls o the manor I've decided to break from immersion and include other unique elements I encountered from many worlds that I've explored in my vast travels across the Eden Worlds universe. These I have placed both above and below ground outside the manor, and the result is a jam-packed area space to load for my devices. I imagine that newer devices can explore and edit my Batcave area with no problems, however. ANYWAY, to my point. When I face that direction with my devices (when any part or all of the crowded area space is included within the loading block currently around the character,) they lag like bujeezus. However, actually managing to get into that space and then looking in a direction that is NOT full of edited blocks, like say straight up into the sky, allows Eden to run at full speed. Typically, I end up having to walk backwards into any area that I have performance issues on in Eden when on my iphone, so that the character can enter the area without experiencing lag (looking away from the crowded area while walking backwards towards and into it), and this seems to work generally pretty well. However, I end up having to mostly avoid all those areas when playing on my ipod, and in many cases, having to delete giant worlds such as Many Metropolises from the ipod, as trying to explore almost any part of that world basically always crashes the device, forget how long it took to download in the first place.
  • mrob27 likes this

#16 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:13 PM

Really good insight, thanks. I never noticed it depends on which way you're facing, but Minetest is like that and I think Minecraft too so it makes total sense.

I love the packed underground areas of Wayne Manor, (maybe because I've done the same thing with Tokyo  ^_^  ? )

x0N0ygg.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users