#1 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:46 AM

I've discovered that your health will regenerate fast enough to where if you keep jumping while you're on lava, you'll never die. So you can sit on lava infinitely long and never die provided you keep jumping.

Once again, totally breaks some parts of my adventure world... there's no sense on using lava as a challenge. 

My suggestion is that you make it regenerate more slowly. This should not be possible.

• RowdyPants likes this

#2 Squidish

Squidish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationYour Nose

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:07 PM

I found a way to kill someone by touching lava once: there's an ice ramp that slides you into a wall of lava. One hit, you die. But yes, I do agree that it regenerates slowly and should be fixed.

Hiya! I'm the creator of the Super Mario 3D World levels and Kanto Region!

My worlds:

-Super Mario 3D World levels:

Super Bell Hill, Conkdor Canyon, Snowball Park

-Kanto Region

Current version: 0.1.4

http://forum.edengam...2-kanto-region/

#3 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:09 AM

I've discovered that your health will regenerate fast enough to where if you keep jumping while you're on lava, you'll never die. So you can sit on lava infinitely long and never die provided you keep jumping.

Once again, totally breaks some parts of my adventure world... there's no sense on using lava as a challenge. 

My suggestion is that you make it regenerate more slowly. This should not be possible.

Maybe that's the challenge. They have to jump...

Build lava walls and a lava ceiling. Then when they try to jump, they'll get more hits and die sooner.

Set up your parkour so they have to jump at exactly the right place to avoid the lava walls and ceiling.

In the App Store, the 4th sample screen shot is from my world: Tokyo Unified Amuro'44121191'53 (compare)

x0N0ygg.png

The official version has the date 10/11/2015. Accept no substitutes™  ^_^  (I also figured out the file format)

#4 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:36 AM

I could certainly make new challenges that use this idea. It won't work for many of the challenges already present in my world unless I completely rebuild them. And this could cause some issues. 

Yes, I can certainly work with it even if this isn't changed. I still am of the opinion that it would be better if this weren't possible... but again, I can work with it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users