Photo

The Emerald Temple

emerald temple fountain sacred geometric symmetric detail secret notsri joshua reeves

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 RowdyPants

RowdyPants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:24 PM

Hi, my name is Josh.  I created The Emerald Temple.

I shared it a few years ago in-game and on Facebook but never in these Eden Forums.  With the recent update to the game I wanted to post some old screenshots and tell you I'll be enhancing this world with the new game features.

Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure!

Awu1Bb.jpg

1SuGWE.jpg

mpFfwz.jpg

U2HFtz.jpg
IO8CGd.jpg
hszjkf.jpg
6A9XMk.jpg
3CgpuX.jpg

Fun Facts:

•There are seven secret locations to find and explore!

•Under each of the four crystal towers there are hidden water doors for direct entry into the lowest levels of the temple!

•Before the massive moat was poured the entire rock ground was painted to brighten the waves!

•There are four large signs reading 'facebook.com/notsri' that lead to, you guessed it, my facebook page!

•'Notsri' or 'Branch/Offshoot/Root' references the connection I felt to old Hebrew teachings.  Look it up for some insightful history!

•The vast majority of the temple structures began underground and had to be meticulously dug out!

•If you're willing to search, you'll find over twenty closed off passageways that were later redesigned!

•During construction I accidentally set fire to the colossal outer wall (made of wood).  I panicked, quit out, and reopened to find hundreds of heavily charred logs that needed replacing!

Future Plans:

The original version took me a year of building by hand to complete.  I suspect this next version will take slightly less time :P See you then!

• Direct City - Brice, Jason, Vuenc and 5 others like this

vByMfQ.jpgkupH9r.jpg

#2 Legend Of The Deep Oak

Legend Of The Deep Oak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:33 PM

One of the best builders in Eden!
  • ▒AJ▒, BrixXx, NathanielBrusch and 1 other like this

#3 Dblcut3

Dblcut3

Super Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1786 posts
  • LocationUnited States Of America

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:41 PM

Cool :D

• RowdyPants likes this

#4 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:57 PM

Dude I'm totes a boats glad you're on here finally, but can I ask what took you so long to finally get on here?

• RowdyPants likes this

#5 RowdyPants

RowdyPants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:18 PM

Thanks!

After finishing up and giving this map to the Eden community I was a bit burned out and a little bit mad.  I spent lots of time, like many builders, but within an hour of sharing it someone had reposted it as version 2 and put their name on it.  It just kinda got to me  :blink: I know #firstworldprobs

Anyway, I'm here and can't wait to see all the cool stuff you guys are building!

• NathanielBrusch likes this

vByMfQ.jpgkupH9r.jpg

#6 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:28 PM

well your temple was the first thing I ever downloaded...and let me say...WOW I was so impressed

and then after that almost everything else I tried to downloaded seemed to stink

except the stuff from the pop. lists

• RowdyPants likes this

#7 RowdyPants

RowdyPants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:32 PM

that makes my day man tyvm

vByMfQ.jpgkupH9r.jpg

#8 The Octagon

The Octagon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:59 PM

Looking forward to seeing your world continue!
  • RowdyPants likes this

#9 BrixXx

BrixXx

Eden Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2099 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:20 PM

oh yes~ I love that world too~
what your world needs is a suburb x3 or something like that~
  • RowdyPants likes this

My topic:
http://forum.edengam...-brixxx-worlds/
If you like my worlds, give my first topic-post a like :lol:
or vote with the poll ^_^

Here a Fan Video from Eden made by me: http://m.youtube.com...h?v=ml1Q78Qtu5M

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube....ser/SphaxDeluxe

#10 Blip

Blip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:06 PM

Hi I have a question how did you even start the most amazing thing ever I have a larger than life idea and I can see it done in my mind yet I can't seem to start it's so huge that it's overwelming yet I want it to look as amazing in RL than in my head if anyone has any tips it'd be huge help

#11 NinROCK3T

NinROCK3T

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1244 posts
  • LocationGabe City, MI!

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:45 AM

What's the idea Blip? :0
IMMA THROW STUFF!!! YouTube: ninrock3t

#12 RowdyPants

RowdyPants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:07 AM

One of the best builders in Eden!

That means a ton coming from you!  Your earliest creation was the first download I truly admired.  You instantly became my favorite map maker.  I explored every bit of your Legend of the Deep Oak Mansion map.  I love your styling, detail, use of form, and scene composition.  For serious, you're a huge part of the reason I spent so much time meticulously perfecting every single block.

vByMfQ.jpgkupH9r.jpg

#13 RowdyPants

RowdyPants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:14 AM

oh yes~ I love that world too~
what your world needs is a suburb x3 or something like that~

You put me in your fan video!  That's so freaking awesome.  I'm honored :)

And yes, I feel that same way you do.  I want to add something along those lines.  Suburb-ish  Maybe mini living areas for the temple goers.

vByMfQ.jpgkupH9r.jpg

#14 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:22 AM

MONK QUARTERS!

Scarce but functionable

RowdyPants in the interest of building style may i ask what age range you fall under?

Personally I'm 18.

#15 RowdyPants

RowdyPants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:15 AM

Hi I have a question how did you even start the most amazing thing ever I have a larger than life idea and I can see it done in my mind yet I can't seem to start it's so huge that it's overwelming yet I want it to look as amazing in RL than in my head if anyone has any tips it'd be huge help

My Old Method:

Think, Draw On Paper, Erase, Think More, Download Other Maps For Inspiration, Think Way Too Much, Get Tired of Thinking, Lose Interest In Entire Project, Dream About Making An Awesome Map, Wake Up, Place An Actual Block, Undo It, Redo It, Scale It Up, Realize Idea Is Too Grand To Not Eventually Have To Redesign Parts, Feel Okay About Messing Up, Smack Myself For Not Measuring Dynamite Radius Correctly, Wish For In-Game Flying, Work As I Think, Begin To See Bigger Picture Coming Together, All of a Sudden Get Flooded With Ideas, Not Complete Each Section All The Way Before Starting Into New Design, Commit To The Long Haul, Build For Days, Get Lost In The Magic of It All, Eventually Decide To Stop And Share - But Wait Not Yet, Add More And More And More And More, Get Worried That a Possible Game Update Might Break Map And Make It Unshareable, Decide To Share Before That Happens, Breathe.

A Better Method:

Set Clear Goals - Say them out loud.  Write them down.  I want to build a temple made of sand and stone.  I want the colors to be calming and still.  I want sky bridges, towers, elevators, and glowing energy with water throughout.  This immediately allows us to see detail, form, scale, and material we couldn't before.

Place An Actual Block - An obsessively scrupulous person like me may have difficulty moving past the conceptualizing stage and onto the physical building step.  I had to mentally accept that I was not going to place every block perfectly.  That I was going to waste time undoing and replacing designs.  Just remember Good Work Takes Hard Work and that means you'll probably end up doing a better job if there is some reworking involved.

Whistle While You Work - Think happy thoughts, physically smile every once in a while during construction, and remember the process is gonna be burdensome and arduous but will ultimately culminate in a monumental victory for you and thousands in the Eden community!

vByMfQ.jpgkupH9r.jpg

#16 NinROCK3T

NinROCK3T

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1244 posts
  • LocationGabe City, MI!

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:17 AM

Building w/OCD is even harder!

#17 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:18 AM

You have described my process in building to a "T"

I do interior design for the insides of buildings in Eden

#18 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:19 AM

I have ADHD but not OCD

although the way I space things you would think I did/do have it

#19 RowdyPants

RowdyPants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:20 AM

MONK QUARTERS!

Scarce but functionable

RowdyPants in the interest of building style may i ask what age range you fall under?

Personally I'm 18.

September 4, 1982! (I'm 32)

vByMfQ.jpgkupH9r.jpg

#20 NinROCK3T

NinROCK3T

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1244 posts
  • LocationGabe City, MI!

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:26 AM

32?! 8O
  • RowdyPants likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: emerald, temple, fountain, sacred, geometric, symmetric, detail, secret, notsri, joshua reeves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users