Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Can someone map the standard normal world for the update?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61 Atlanta Ga Skyline

Atlanta Ga Skyline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationAtlanta Ga

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:40 AM

I don't think collaboration could work that way unless we took turns

it would if every body did it on a different world and then fused a pictures of the different maps together.

#62 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:29 PM

Yes but Vuenc you cant see where the biomes end below the ground

and I've already started doing it one way, why change and completely overhall it all now? yknow?

You both have good points. I think eventually we'll have time to map out the standard terrain.

I was just going to take pictures from the sky using one of the cannon tricks, but I don't have a lot of time either and you guys are being much more diligent.

Plus, my Eden crashed the first time I tried to take an aerial photo. Reminder: Try to focus on finding the bugs and try all sorts of things you don't normally do. Like if you usually turn creatures off and music on, flip both of those the other way and play that way for a while.

• NathanielBrusch likes this

In the App Store, the 4th sample screen shot is from my world: Tokyo Unified Amuro'44121191'53 (compare)

x0N0ygg.png

The official version has the date 10/11/2015. Accept no substitutes™  ^_^  (I also figured out the file format)

#63 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:21 PM

I am most of the way to having the new map format figured out but I'm going to ask Vuenc for help too.

First of all, the "standard normal world" is a file inside the Eden app and is called "Eden.eden". Total size of world is 2880x2880 blocks, or 180x180 "chunks" each of which has 16x16 blocks. You can open it with my map program and try to make a map but you get this rather amusing result:

kPMX2Ae.png

You can sort of see the crazy rainbow biome in the northeast.

The data itself is compressed with a simple method called "run-length encoding", which was also used by Mooncraft/Lunacraft (another block-building app for iOS which was the first one that I analyzed). You can see a sample here: http://i.imgur.com/fzbbkQJ.png showing the compressed version of a single 16x16x64 block of data.

I'm sending more details to Vuenc. I don't have time to finish this but basically I think you can stop walking around and putting down blocks because we'll be able to make a full map of the default world soon.

• NathanielBrusch likes this

In the App Store, the 4th sample screen shot is from my world: Tokyo Unified Amuro'44121191'53 (compare)

x0N0ygg.png

The official version has the date 10/11/2015. Accept no substitutes™  ^_^  (I also figured out the file format)

#64 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:17 PM

cool. I'm nearly done anyway...however I have discovered some weird things in the normal world terrain that may qualify as bugs

I'll upload another version soon on the lists. I've been busy. I'm very close to being done with outlining so I'll finish with it if you say I should

I also left some elemental surprises in my version :)

#65 mrob27

mrob27

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:27 AM

cool. I'm nearly done anyway...however I have discovered some weird things in the normal world terrain that may qualify as bugs

I'll upload another version soon on the lists. I've been busy. I'm very close to being done with outlining so I'll finish with it if you say I should

I also left some elemental surprises in my version :)

Oh, well maybe you should keep going then.  :lol:

As long as you're having fun with it, and especially if you're finding bugs, then I'd say it's worth doing.

I just said to stop in case you're getting sick of it or if you were thinking it's the only way we'll ever get any kind of map.

x0N0ygg.png

#66 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:42 PM

Oh no that was only at the beginning of doing it

#67 Michigander1

Michigander1

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1357 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:02 PM

I found the intersection between the purple world, beach world, and normal world and shared it

Edit= I named it "purpl"

#68 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:47 PM

Been there, done that
  • Michigander1 likes this

#69 Michigander1

Michigander1

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1357 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:22 PM

The underground of the purple world is an oceanic cave ...
  • BrixXx likes this

#70 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:59 AM

Yep.

#71 BrixXx

BrixXx

Eden Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2100 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:51 PM

the oceanic cave is in my opinion absolut awesome. the colours and the rest are well done ^^

My topic:
http://forum.edengam...-brixxx-worlds/
If you like my worlds, give my first topic-post a like :lol:
or vote with the poll ^_^

Here a Fan Video from Eden made by me: http://m.youtube.com...h?v=ml1Q78Qtu5M

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube....ser/SphaxDeluxe

#72 Martian

Martian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:02 PM

Wouldn't it be much easier to just take lots of screenshots from a birds eye view and then photoshop them together? Obviously, because of the perspective, the pictures don't match up exactly. But considering the end result is going to be incredibly zoomed out I don't think it matters that much.

I've tried doing a section of it myself. It only took about ten minutes to do:

http://tinyurl.com/lorrgbo

The only problem I can see with this method is that some of the photos might be a bit fainter than the others. I don't think it's that big a deal, though. Besides, it seems easier than having to walk around the ENTIRE map.

Also, this way, we could all collaborate and decide to all take photos of different parts of the map. Then we could just compile all our photos together to get one huge photo of the whole map!

#73 Atlanta Ga Skyline

Atlanta Ga Skyline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationAtlanta Ga

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:13 PM

That's a great idea.

#74 Martian

Martian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

I've made a pretty good start; I'm about one sixth of the way through screenshot-ing the entire map. That means I'll probably be finished in about a week or two. It's looking really cool so far!

#75 Atlanta Ga Skyline

Atlanta Ga Skyline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationAtlanta Ga

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:36 PM

Can't wait to see it when your finished.

#76 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:38 PM

http://imgur.com/8XE...7CCcO,7gyVEpD#0 the four corners of the new standard world

the fifth image is just something recognizing the changing times...I hardly ever see that happen. Now that the update is out, it has effectively saved Eden's poplarity

#77 Martian

Martian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:20 PM

Update:
I am now halfway through screenshot-ing the whole map! The terrain looks so amazing from up above.

#78 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:56 PM

yeah but don't we need to use Vuenc's mapping method though? i thought that was the whole point of this...no offense I like your dedication and all but won't it be a different kind of map anyway from what normally we get on here?

#79 Martian

Martian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:12 PM

You can still do it the original way! I just figured this was a much simpler way of doing it, considering the new save system. I'm just trying to save you the trouble of having to walk around the entire map - segment by segment!

Anyway, in my opinion, you would get far more detail from screenshot-ing the map (textures, shadows, transparent water, a sense of depth, etc). Plus, you won't get all those thousands of tiny specks everywhere from having to place blocks in every segment just to make sure it saves. It's only taken a couple of days for me to do as well.

I get that my method will look slightly different to what we're used to. If that's a problem, I really don't mind if I don't post my map in the end it so that we can keep things classic. I'm mainly doing this for my own benefit, anyway.
  • NathanielBrusch and mrob27 like this

#80 NathanielBrusch

NathanielBrusch

Eden Elite Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:14 PM

Ah. ^ well-played

I get ti more clearly now then

0 user(s) are reading this topic